Actions you can take today
- Commit to attending the new climate-change documentary, "An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power" on opening night in Chicago
- Join the Indivisible Chicago Rapid Response Team & get notified about what will likely be a last-minute protest if Mueller gets fired.
- Phone Bank to Save ACA - join a group, or do it from home!
Tools you can use
1.The new climate-change documentary, "An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power" is opening in Chicago on Friday 7/28. Commit to attend here. The more tickets it sells opening weekend, the more widely Paramount will distribute the film.
2. Rapid Response - It's possible that Robert Mueller could be fired by the President, and that it could happen soon. We'll respond with a rally, but we won't have much advance warning. To find out the second it happens, plus when and where to go, join the Rapid Response Team.
Why Today's Actions are Important
Climate Change documentary
Donald Trump has shown how he feels about our environment when he pulled the U.S. out of the Paris Accord, revived the Keystone Pipeline, and promised to reopen coal mines.
"An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power," the sequel to Al Gore's 2006 film, "An Inconvenient Truth," brings attention to what's really happening to the world around us, and what the battle against climate change is all about.
To determine how widely to release the film, Paramount Pictures has scheduled "An Inconvenient Sequel" to open in *limited release* on Friday, July 28. The more tickets that are sold on opening weekend, the more cities and towns will be able to see the film once it is widely released in the weeks that follow. Help us show Paramount that America is serious about climate change -- from Portland, Oregon to Portland, Maine.
When you sign up, you'll be connected with other Democracy for America members near you so you can meet up at the theater if you'd like. (Of course, you can plan to go with friends and family, if you prefer.)
Sign up to attend here.
Protest the Firing of Robert Mueller (if it happens)
Indivisible Chicago is joining up with Moveon.org, the March for Truth, and Indivisible groups across the country to plan coordinated protests all across the country, should they become necessary. Here in Chicago, we'll be protesting at Trump Tower.
• If Mueller is fired before 1pm CT, the protests will happen that same day at 5pm.
• If he's fired after 1pm CT the protests will happen at noon the next day.
This is where Rapid Response comes in. If you've signed up, we will send you a text when the time comes that we need everybody to head downtown.
This action will carry the importance of the O'Hare protests. If Trump can get away with firing Mueller then there's not much hope left in curbing his corruption. We certainly can't count on Congress, so it's up to the people to ensure his abuse of power doesn't go unchecked.
Sign up for Rapid Response here.
Ever been frustrated that you can't call swing-vote Senators in other states?
Indivisible Chicago members from all over the city have been making calls into Ohio and West Virginia, asking constituents in those states to call their Senators and vote "NO" on ACA repeal. Last week we made over 2000 calls and got over 400 people to commit to call their Senators. It's easy, it's fun, and it feels great to make a difference.
While we're hosting in-person phone banks this week to Save the ACA, we're also making this available to call from home OR better yet, you can host a few friends for your own private phone bank!
No need to be in Chicago or even Illinois! The call from home option is available to everyone!
Sign up and we'll send you tips on organizing a phone bank, the latest script, and links to the phone bank systems.