Final pushes to save ACA
A huge shout out to everyone that made it to our emergency phone banking sessions last night. We have a couple hundred commitments by people to call their Representatives today and put more pressure on Peter Roskam. His office is going to be in for a busy day.
They are driving hard to whip the votes and the vote could come down any day. The Republican leadership will be putting immense pressure on their members to pass this bill, and in the end, that pressure is going to be tough to ignore.
Here in Chicago, there are a few options:
1) Get your friends and family in the suburbs and downstate to call! A deadline can often get people to act, so let them know this is the deadline. Send them the script from last week. It's still relevant.
2) Take to social media. Tweet at the Representatives and help spread the message that these men are hurting their constituents. Here are some images you can share. Kinsinger and Roskam are the most likely to flip, so it's a good idea to focus on them.
3) Call your Rep! We know they agree with you, but the more pressure they hear the more they will push back against their colleagues. Every little bit helps.
Symposium on Electing Women and Minority Candidates
Indivisible is lending support to a symposium that's being organized by one of our very own Indivisible members as part of Chicago Community Trust's On The Table event on May 16th. It's on the question of how to elect more women & people of color in IL and tickets are going fast!
You'll want to attend this event if:
• you're fired up and don't know where to direct your energy
• you're taking action - marching, calling - but you want your actions to have MORE impact
• you want to be part of something bigger than yourself
• you want connection and support from 1000's of people right here in Chicago who share your thoughts, ideas, passions & beliefs
• you want to get connected in a meaningful way to people and organizations making REAL change
• you want to BE the force for change that your community, your state and even your country needs now!
Get your ticket by May 5th and use the code INDIVISIBLE, and you'll not only secure your seat to what's shaping up to be one of the most interesting and well-attended events of the spring, but you'll also save $5!
Indivisible will also be hosting a volunteer sign-up table that night. So once you buy your ticket, let us know if you'd like to help out with that. You can check out the Facebook event here.
Buy tickets directly at http://bit.ly/symEB